- Great in-depth article from Moz covering the performance of major SEO tools in developing a mobile-first SEO process.
- No single tool yet covers off all the aspects needed to be completely mobile-first. Some barely make a stab at it.
- Most of the tools cover off current ranking & mobile appearance and some technical issues, none cover off the upcoming algorithm changes.
How to Develop Mobile First SEO:
- Mobile first is coming. Review your site in whichever SEO Tools you currently use to determine how well you perform currently.
- Review the list from Moz. Consider adding the tools which cover any gaps from your existing toolset.
- Be aware that the tools take a “current state” view. They do not cover the expected impact from the upcoming algorithm shift.
- Contact me if you would like to discuss making your site mobile-first.
Mobile First SEO Discussion:
Have you heard? Apparently there’s a mobile-first index coming. It hasn’t yet reached the hysteria of Mobilegeddon, but it is surely going to get there.
Many of the tools in this review make a stab at parts of the Mobile First, but they all miss out on key parts, which in my view, let them down. Some of the tools barely seem to make an effort. It appears that for large swathes of the web, including solution vendors, and akin to the shift to HTTPS , the mobile-first web will take them by surprise.
Another thing that is concerning is that none of them have taken on board Google’s utterances over its forthcoming changes, beyond things which can be objectively measured. It is a failing of these tools that they do not apply more algorithmic sense to websites, their structure and content.
When the mobile-first index is launched, the Content Graph will be redrawn, as will the Link Graph, and as will the Indexing Graph. Websites and toolsets are simply not doing enough to anticipate these significant upcoming changes. If only Google had announced what is was planning.
More info on Mobile First SEO:
Return to Top