What’s this about Google Adsense?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 14 July 2017.
Google Adsense is banning ads from appearing on pop ups and pop unders. They are also banning Adsense entirely from being served on sites which use pop unders. Good. Read more about it here.
If you would like to discuss ways these changes to Google Adsense could impact your web business, please feel free to contact me.
#GoogleAdsense #DigitalMarketing #AdStrategy #Revenue
Adsense Bans Pop Ups & Pop Unders
- Google Adsense has updated its policies to ban ads from being loaded onto pages which are pop ups or pop unders.
- Additionally, Adsense has also banned ads from loading on sites which trigger pop unders.
- If only they’d ban sites from using pop ups.
Adsense Actions to take:
- If you are using pop unders on your site and you run Google Adsense, you either need to stop the pop unders, or remove Adsense from your pages.
- If you use pop ups, you need to remove Adsense from the popped up pages.
- Pop ups and pop unders make money, but there have always been better ways of making it.
- Contact me if you would like to discuss this further.
Pop Ups & Pop Unders Discussion:
About time too! I must admit, I thought Adsense had banished pop ups and pop unders a long time ago. It’s good that they have banned pop unders completely, since these are a very effective, but very detested form of advertising. (They are very effective because users don’t notice them popping and then forget which site popped them).
It would be good if they also banned pop ups. They are an instant site turn-off for me, but they probably can’t go that far.
- Google Adsense is banning ad serving on pop up and pop under pages.
- It’s also banning ads on sites which generate pop unders.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.