What’s this about?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 28 July 2017.
Read about AMP news stories surfacing around the world, as AMP slowly spreads its wings with more local publisher adoption .
If you would like to discuss the ways implementing AMP for speed and visibility could impact your web business, please feel free to contact me.
#SEO #AMP #AMPHTML #PageSpeed #MobileSearch
AMP News Stories Surface Around the World
- Rank Ranger posted stats on Twitter showing AMP stories are now surfacing internationally.
- This is slightly chicken and egg – more international news sites have been using AMP, therefore it makes more sense to surface AMP results.
- Time to implement AMP…
Actions to take:
- If you haven’t already started, you should start implementing AMP now.
- It will drive more traffic / views / lower bounce rate and with AMP compliant ads, it should also drive revenue.
- Be aware that AMP is not a “forever” solution, but it’s still a worthwhile investment.
- Contact me if you would like to discuss implementing AMP for improved speed and visibility.
Slowly but surely, AMP is securing its foothold on the web. I don’t think it is a super long-term solution, but I do think it is worth the investment pain to ensure visibility in search and capture more users using the speed on the service.
There are still technical challenges which prevent it always being an easy switch, but it should be fairly straight-forward. Note that getting Analytics data de-duplicated is still a bit of a challenge.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- AMP URLs are starting to surface in news boxes around the world.
- Time to implement it.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.