What’s this about?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 28 July 2017.
Read about Google adding SOS Alerts & Notifications to Maps & Search. At last, they’ve started to catch up with Facebook in this regard.
If you would like to discuss ways these SOS alerts could impact your web business, please feel free to contact me.
#SEO #Facebook #SERP #GoogleMaps
Google Adds SOS Alerts to Maps and Search
- Similar to a few steps taken by Facebook over the last couple of years, Google has now launched its own version.
- These alerts will appear in search results where the user is searching for information relating to it.
- Also, if users are near to something developing, or on-going, Google is said to pushing mobile notifications to those users. A useful implementation of Location Services.
Actions to take:
- There isn’t really a way to try this out, as it’s generated by a specific event happening.
- It will be interesting to see it in action. There will undoubtedly be teething problems, or false-positive instances.
- If you are near to an incident, you should expect to see a notification of some sort pop-up. Hopefully there won’t be an incident, so it never gets tested.
- Contact me if you would like to discuss this further.
Mobiles are the quickest and most immediate form of communication, and this is a good example of using that technology for the greater good, overall.
Although you hope it won’t get used, it’ll be interesting to see this technology in action. As with a number of features recently, Facebook, Google and others all seem to be in a features copy cat game at the moment, and I wish they would actually innovate.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
We recently released the super-exciting The State of SEO in mid-2017. Read it now.
- Google has added SOS Alerts in SERPs and Maps.
- Not unlike Facebook then.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.