What’s this about?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO Update 2nd June 2017.
- Some of the frameworks used in a number of web deployments just do not present content to Google to Fetch and Render, and then index.
- Remember – no indexation = no display in SERPs.
- Crawling and Indexing content are critical to being listed
- Those frameworks that do render can cause big slowdown issues on mobile, and occasionally desktop. Usually this is caused by too much processing being used, memory sizes or memory sizes & caches being exceeded.
Actions to take:
- Read the Moz article to understand the particular frameworks affected and how they are affected.
- Test critical pages in Google Search Console Fetch and Render. Make sure Google can see and index all critical content.
- Always have a <noscript> alternative. Googlebot and Screen Readers will thank you for it.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.