What’s this about?
I’m looking forward to the new Google Search Console when it rolls out.
It may be slightly more useful than the current version.
It seems to be getting closer and closer as Google expanded the group of beta testers in the last week or so.
Read more in this extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 08 Sept 2017.
#SEO #SEONews #GoogleSearchConsole
Google Search Console Expands Beta Testers
- We all know there is a new version of Google Search Console on the way, especially if you took notice of my two stories: New Google Search Console Layout Coming and Google Reveals Two Secret Google Search Console Features.
- Well, Google has rolled out access to a slightly wider group of beta testers.
- These beta testers have been excitedly posting screengrabs of new reports.
- The big new report really seems to be the Index Coverage report.
Actions to take:
- Check your email (the one you have verified with Google Search Console) to see if you have access to the beta search console.
- Log in, have a look around, tweet a few pics.
- Make sure you feedback to Google your thoughts on the new Search Console.
- Bearing in mind the rate of development for Google Search Console, if you miss the opportunity to raise some long-dreamed of feature now, you will find it’s another five years before it’s implemented.
- Make sure you check out the Index Coverage report. It looks smashing, but may flatter to deceive.
- Click here to contact me to discuss using Google Search Console data to improve your SEO.
Google is going for it with the Beta Search Console. I have a few question marks over whether this is designed to win over the webmaster community before release, or whether it is seeking genuine feedback.
The index coverage report looks great. I really hope it lives up to expectation, but like a lot of things, I feel the report is likely to give you 50%-60% of the information you need and frustratingly leave the rest out.
Still, when it comes to Google, SEO and surfacing in the rankings, the more information from Google, the better, frankly.
- H/T SE Roundtable
- H/ T Liam Delahunty on Twitter
- New Google Search Console Layout Coming
- Google Reveals Two Secret Google Search Console Features
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- Google has expanded its group of beta testers for the new Google Search Console.
- Still no word of when the new layout is going to roll out, unfortunately.
- And no open beta even more unfortunately.
- I’m a fan of open betas.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Finally, get your content ranking well on Google by starting to understand Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.