What’s this about?
I like this week’s SEO Bits & Pieces.
It ranges across the gamut of small-scale SEO news and updates.
There’s a bit of Google update chatter, a touch of EU vs Google, some tidbits from Google engineers, and a couple of “teaching your grandmother to suck eggs moments”.
Follow the link to read the ins and outs of this week’s SEO Bits & Pieces.
#SEO #SEONews #GoogleUpdates #EUFine #Googlebot #MobileFirst #HTTP2
SEO Bits & Pieces
- Rumours of an update #735. Saturday September 16th, there were big mutterings of an update. And spikes on a lot of the monitoring tools Google had been praising. All quietened down the next day, so nobody was any the wiser really.
- Google vs EU #10056 – now proposing “rival links” as part of its solution for its little $2.7 billion EU fine issue. Regrettably, these were rejected in a previous attempt to settle the dispute. But who know? Second time lucky!
- Sometimes, if Google has issues pulling your page for Fetch and Render, it could be indicative of crawling issues. And sometimes not. Non-helpful discussion this. Find Crawl Index.
- Googlebot doesn’t yet talk HTTP2 because it doesn’t need to. It’s so flipping fast it’s unbelievable. I’m a bit surprised by this. You would have thought Google would want to use HTTP2 mainly in case there were any issues caused by it. Clearly not though.
- And finally, Gary Illyes has come right out and said that Responsive websites “don’t really need to worry about the mobile first index”. Phew.
- Click here to contact me to discuss any of these SEO Bits and Pieces further.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- Hooray! It’s the SEO Bits & Pieces for w/e 22 Sept 2017.
- Some update chatter this week.
- A bit of movement in the Google vs EU stoush.
- Some crawling chatter, combined with HTTP2 arrogance from Google.
- And some mobile first reassurance for responsive websites.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Finally, get your content ranking well on Google by starting to understand Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.