What’s this about?
Wa-hey! It’s the joyous bundle of gooey Google news known as the SEO Bits & Pieces.
It’s chick-full of tasty niblets form the world of SEO and search, and should be read by all and sundry immediately and without delay.
Read this exciting extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 24th November 2017 right now.
#SEO #SEONews #StructuredData #SERP #FakeReviews
SEO Bits & Pieces 24th November 2017
- Booo! Google has no plans for an API to access the Structured Data Testing Tool – despite this being one of the most useful tools known to man. Sometimes, it feels like Google only goes halfway with being helpful to webmasters. Note he says *public* plans. Makes you wonder if there are some private APIs floating around…
- Bye bye “site’s robots.txt” description in SERPs and hello “No information is available for this page”, which is possibly true, but completely anodyne and thoroughly un-useful. It’s as if Google us hell-bent on removing anything technical from their results.
- In a bizarre turn of events, Danny Sullivan, recently appointed to Google’s Sinecure program, was to be found answering an enraged (okay, mildly miffed) Matt Cutts query over FUBAR search results. Yes, the world does move in mysterious ways.
- This is a good piece about the industry struggles over Fake Reviews, and how they are now the bleeding edge of wild west behaviour and spam. Don’t do it kids, it not worth the risk.
- Click here to contact me to discuss this further.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
We recently released the super-exciting The State of SEO in mid-2017. Read it now.
- Blah blah, SEO Bits & Pieces…
- Structured Data Testing Tool = no API
- SERPs getting even less useful.
- Danny & Matt switch pitching & receiving.
- Fake reviews are bad, mmmkay.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Finally, get your content ranking well on Google by starting to understand Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.