What’s this about?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO News & Updates 25 August 2017.
Read the latest SEO Bits and Pieces and find out what entertaining things Google and other have been up to..
Click here to contact me to discuss these Bits and Pieces and how implementing them might help your website to rank and perform better.
#SEO #SEONews #Apple #Googlebot #GoogleSearchConsole #GoogleUpdates #MobileFirst
SEO Bits & Pieces w/e 25 August 2017
- It’s been estimated that Google is paying Apple $3 billion to be Safari’s default search engine, which is an awful lot of money! Siri uses a variety of sources, most often Bing for straight search though, but let’s face it, does anyone use Siri to search?
- One from the interesting, but slightly silly questions archive, as Google confirmed that blocking Googlebot from crawling images does not impact your core search performance. Why would it? Google uses no information from the image. everything image-relevant for core search is on the page crawled.
- Google Search Console has a slightly confusing “Expired” status for URLs removed via its URL removal tool. This is triggered when another action such as noindex for the URLs is accepted into the index. I wonder what would happen if you removed the noindex.
- I saw some update chatter over the weekend & the middle of the week. From the screenshots posted it looked like some sites recovered listings, others saw a large dip before being reinstated a week later. This is consistent with a small algo update which is rolled out and then tweaked post-live.
- Apparently, things are looking good for the Mobile First Index. Everything is peachy and tickety-boo. So, said John Mu at the Google Webmaster Hangout in the “Well, He Would Say That, Wouldn’t He” section of the chat.
- Click here to contact me to discuss how these SEO Bits & Pieces might impact you and your website and how you can implement solutions to rank better.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- Google pays Apple a lot of money to be the default search engine on Safari.
- Blocking Googlebot from images does not impact websearch.
- GSC has an Expired status on removed URLs.
- There may have been a small update.
- The mobile first index is looking just peachy.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Finally, get your content ranking well on Google by starting to understand Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.