What’s this SEO Periodic Table 2017 then?
This is an extract from TWIS SEO Update 16 June 2017.
In this free thought-piece, you can read actionable insights from the release of the Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors 2017 and the ways you can use it to improve or tweak your SEO Strategy. If you would like to discuss ways these improvements and tweaks could impact your web business, please feel free to contact me.
#SEO #SEOStrategy #ContentStrategy #TechnicalSEO
Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors 2017 Released
- Search Engine land have released the fourth version of their popular Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors
- Factors such as mobile, direct answers and site speed have increased in importance.
- Factors such as personal social sharing have been dropped entirely.
- Overall, this is a good summary of what’s important in SEO at a broad level.
Actions to take:
- Read this table and the accompanying guide. It really is a very good broad outline for success in SEO.
- Don’t assume there is one secret tip to success in SEO.
- As ever, SEO success is about a lot of factors working together in relative harmony. The weightings and importance placed on each of those factors is defined by what it normal amongst the competitive set.
- Don’t expect in-depth “you must have 2537 words on each page” guidance, that’s not what the table is about.
- Contact me if you would like to discuss the table and how implementing its elements could lead to SEO success.
SEO Success Factors Discussion:
I love the Periodic Table. It’s not completely foolproof, but it is a great way to quickly take in the things that are important in SEO.
It is different to the Moz SEO Factors, which is based on a survey of practitioners – and is subject to the vagaries of bias, concept popularity and groupthink. The method of collation for this table isn;t disclosed, but it is likely to have been written by experts, and considering the closeness of some SE Land people to Google, it’s always possible Google had a look over it before publication. In some ways it is therefore an idealistic view of things that should be important, and once it influences the way people act, these things become important – kind of like a virtuous circle.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- SE Land have updated and published their SEO Success Factors for 2017.
- Read it & act on it.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017. You know you want to.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these changes mean for your web property, or would like to know how to implement them, please feel free to contact me.