Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read these Digital Things of Interest for 23 August 2017, which includes the following enlightening exhibits:
- A report on how Earned Media drives lead gen and consumer trust ;
- Notes on Twist a new comms and collaboration app from the makers;
- Interesting reading on when your brain peaks at learning and applying knowledge;
- News that Facebook is starting to deal with video spam.
#DigitalMarketing #Productivity #Facebook #FacebookVideo #Learning
Digital Things of Interest 23 August 2017:
- Earned Media Powers Lead Generation and Consumer Trust
- This is a good article discussing the various digital marketing channels and how earned media has a better impact on consumers and sales. Funnily enough, consumers aren’t to keen on interruption marketing. Who’d have thought it?
- Twist vs Slack – Calmer
- Obviously, this is a self-promoting article from the makers of Twist, the next thing (allegedly) in team comms and collaboration. There’s a good list of issues with Slack and why they think Twist is better… But neither of them really address the key issues of information overload and lack of bandwidth to process and prioritise all these messages we are bombarded with. I’m coming to the conclusion that a gatekeeper role is needed.
- The Age Your Brain Peaks
- I’m re-assured to know that there are still a few peak points left to me before it’s all a downhill slide. What’s really interesting is that the process of learning peaks early, but then the process of applying that knowledge carries on for a long, long time. Perhaps experience is more vital in roles than youth and perceived vitality.
- Facebook Downranking Video Clickbait
- Hooray! Facebook seems to be taking a more active role these days in cleaning up spam and rubbish from our newsfeeds. this one focuses on websites using fake play buttons to look like videos and draw the click, and spammy click bait video titles. Facebook has done their best to encourage us all to post video, now they need to clean up their mess.
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- Earned media is better for lead generation & trust.
- Twist is better than S;ack, say the makers of Twist.
- You brain reaches different peaks are different times.
- Facebook is finally downranking video spam.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Read how to get your content on Google using Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.