Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read these Digital Things of Interest for 01 August 2017, which includes:
- 3 mistakes people make with CTA buttons, from Gill Andrews;
- The news that Google Photos 3 is out, and it’s sharing your pics automatically;
- 6 mistakes people commonly make with CRO;
- Adobe catches up with the world and realises mobile experiences aren’t all that hot.
#DigitalMarketing #Conversions #CRO #MobileFirst #UserExperience #GooglePhotos
Digital Things of Interest 01 August 2017:
- 3 CTA Button Mistakes
- This is a handy little list with three reminders about good hygiene when it comes to CTA buttons: give them context, give them standout, don’t put them all together. Some of these you don’t see too often anymore, but it’s not unknown for one or more to be lurking somewhere on most websites.
- Google Photos 3 Is Out
- The big thing in this update is automatic sharing of photos with contacts / friends / family. It works using either “share all”, or sharing certain types of pics using Google’s AI facial recognition, and other of its recognition scripts. This is handy for sharing pics with Grandma, but I’m yet to be convinced that things won;t be missed, and that will be annoying.
- 6 CRO Mistakes You Might Be Making
- I thought this conversion rates tips list from Moz was quite handy. They are quite basic tips, like not providing context for conversions, or not giving up, but useful as a reminder nonetheless. The one that I really like is not to forget to experiment on things that are already doing well. Everything can be improved…
- Mobile Experiences Fail to Impress
- It’s nice to see Adobe catch up with the rest of the internet and announce to Marketers that mobile experiences aren’t always terribly good, despite mobile almsot being the dominant way of accessing services in a lot of instances. You need to pay attention to what users want to do on mobile, and what they are still happy / prefer to do on desktop. In a lot of instances, mobile experience is a very poor second cousin to the dektop experience. Grrrrr.
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- Gill Andrews lists 3 simple CTA mistakes.
- Google Photos 3 is out, with enhanced sharing capabilities.
- A Moz list of 6 CRO mistakes.
- Adobe noticing mobile sites aren’t always up to standard.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.