Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read these Digital Things of Interest for 07 August 2017, which includes:
- Apple hiring mappers – hope they get it right this time;
- PWA vs Native Apps (PWA all the way, let’s hope);
- Email Whaling – things you didn’t know you didn’t know;
- Big infographic about colour, psychology and the web, and I mean big.
#Apple #PWA #Apps #UserExperience #WebDesign #Conversions
Digital Things of Interest 07 August 2017:
- Apple Reportedly Hiring Heaps of Mapping Experts & Engineers
- Let’s avidly hope Apple gets it right this time, after the original debacle of Apple Maps. There are a couple of hints (which won’t surprise too much): augmented reality and autonomous systems. It will be interesting to speculate from afar and hopefully see something realised one day.
- Progressive Web Apps vs Native Apps
- Good primer article on the natures, and advantages and disadvantages of each. I’ve got to admit, I really hope PWAs win out. As hardware gets more diverse, it is far easier to build a single system which everyone can access than build multiple variants which hopefully work on each system. You could almost call it the World Wide Web or…. hold on.
- Email Whaling
- I think the nature of this security report might be a bit thin, but generally your average CEO is going to be difficult to stop when it comes to responding to silly emails like these. Fake the From line and add in the company signature and you’re pretty much golden.
- 40 Facts About Colour and Conversions
- Now this is a monster of an infographic detailing just about everything to do with colour, psychology and the web. There is a lot here, but I find that when infographics get this large, they become unwieldy and unusable. It shouldn’t be this hard to get good information out.
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- Apple getting map happy again;
- Info about why you should choose a PWA over Native App;
- Email whaling, what you didn’t know you didn’t know;
- Whopping great colour infographic which misses the point;
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.