Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read these Digital Things of Interest for 15 August 2017, which includes the following great gems of information:
- Plandids taking over Instagram;
- Thoughts on a PageSpeed preso from Google;
- How to detect if numbers are random;
- Roomba could sell maps of your home;
#Instagram #SocialMedia #PageSpeed #KnowYourNumbers #DataPrivacy
Digital Things of Interest 15 August 2017:
- “Plandids” are taking over Instgram
- Hahaha – as an avid reader of 1980s shopping catalogues, I’m very much reminded of the fact that these poses are straight outta the pose book of “Catalogue Man” (or woman). Think “Man spots friend across the way”, or “woman laughs at unseen joke”. It’s good to see this under-rated photograph style make a comeback. Obviously, this being Insta, the images are only of youngish women looking all glam.
- PageSpeed Preso From Google
- Okay, so Guy Kawasaki snapped this during a preso from Google, and it is an amazing stat. However, some caution is needed, as the stat may be massaged for a shocking, but convenient message (aren’t they all?). This dpesn’t take into account time to first paint, and time to fill the first screen. It also doesn’t take into account fat-finger taps, and bot clicks – both of which are substantial in number, but exceptionally low in hang time. This would bring any site’s dwell time down significantly. Know your numbers.
- How to Detect If Numbers Are Random
- This is definitely one for my mathematical friends. It’s a good treatise on how to test for the true randomness of random numbers. As well as important implications for security, and things it also produced some pretty graphs. One final thought stuck me. If a number generated is truly random, then surely it has an equal chance of being the same number as previously – which could confuse things somewhat.
- Roomba Could Sell Maps of Your Home
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- Insta is being ruined by plandids. Ruined, I tell you.
- Google’s PageSpeed numbers reach Guy K.
- Detecting random numbers.
- Roomba, home-mapping, and data privacy.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Have a good day :-)
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.