Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read these Digital Things of Interest for 29 August 2017, which includes these exciting entities:
- Even Big Corp PLC makes horrendous marketing and data mistakes;
- Too much fake news on social media makes your eyes bleed* ;
- Fun advice for newbie designers (wear a shirt, just once);
- I ghosted my ex – bit of a tale this one.
- * Honest, it does!
#BigData #DigitalMarketing #FakeNews #SocialMedia #WebDesign #ModernLife
Digital Things of Interest DD MMM YYYY:
- 4 Mistakes I Learnt About Marketing and Data
- It’s always quite re-assuring to read of others’ stuff-ups, Especially when you think “there but for the grace of…”, and doubly-especially when ther stuff-ups are made by a Fortune 50 company. One of the things we forget is that often the big companies take a very, very, long time to catch up with the world and what’s been “best practice” for a while out in the open air..
- Information Overload on Social Media and Fake News
- This is an interesting article covering off the challenge of the boat-loads of content we are exposed to every day through our social media feeds, versus identifying what’s good, what’s not, and what’s fake. I have to confess, it needs a limit, but conversely, I don’t think a limit is the answer. Better algorithms would be better.
- To Those New To Design
- I love this 25 point list dealing with the author’s views of what challenges are faced during a design-career and how you can find yourself heading down these wrong turns as a newbie. Entertaining read.
- I Ghosted My Ex
- Sometimes, you just think “WHAT?” It turns out that some 10 years after ghosting their ex, this person has discovered that said ex who hasn’t been seen in the intervening timespan is about to be the ghoster’s boss. I’m forecasting a shortened tenure for the ghoster. I read it shaking my head.
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
Mobile First is NOT Mobile Friendly
I recently wrote about how Google’s Mobile First is Not Mobile Friendly. Read it now.
- Marketing and data errors are made by the biggest companies.
- Information overload allows fake news through.
- Newbie designers take note.
- Ghosting an ex is bad, mmmmkay.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Read how to get your content on Google using Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.