Digital Things of Interest Overview:
I was pretty interested to go and read the things I’ve linked to in the Digital Things of Interest for 30th August 2017.
Mainly this was because I try and post some interesting things (almost) every day, and I thought you might be interested in these nuggets as well:
- A $500 gadget which can brute-force an iPhone7;
- How AI should be used for / explained by stories;
- A good list of interesting learnings from launching a software product;
- An infographic about programmatic advertising which ignores the elephant in the room.
#iPhone #ArtificialIntelligence #Storytelling #Learning #SmallBiz #Programmatic
Digital Things of Interest 30 August 2017:
- $500 gadget can hack iPhone 7
- Well, well. This cute little $500 gadget can sit there and just brute force your iPhone 7 password until it opens up. It’s a pretty impressive, if annoying hack. You’d hope they sell the idea to Apple, rather than to criminals, or the government. Either way, if this is pout in public, I’d expect Apple to have a fix fairly soon.
- Ancient Past Reveals the Future of AI
- I kind of enjoyed this but, but ultimately, I’m not sure I was in the mood for it. I’ve always believed in the power of stories, but I wasn’t convinced that this piece was not written by some sort of AI / ML bot trying to double-down on the cleverness. Basically, tell a story for beginning to end for AI success.
- Lessons Learned from Launching a Software Product
- This is a good list of stuff to try and keep on top of as you launch a company, or software product. It’s actually for once quite light on the “this is the one big secret” patter and keeps fairly realistic about how much of this will be implemented. One thing I do wonder, is if history is written by the victors, where do the stories go of those people whose ideas don’t make it? The bottom of a beer glass in the pub?
- The Challenges of Programmatic Advertising
- Well now, this is a verrrrrryyyyy long infographic. So long, it nearly made my eyes bleed. Half of these things are really just PowerPoints slapped into a single tall graphic (don’t give me ideas). Really, the core challenges in Programmatic mainly revolve around the money paid, the sales made, and the journey from paying to receiving. There’s a clear lack of trust in the channel and a clear (?) lack of transparency.
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
We recently released the super-exciting The State of SEO in mid-2017. Read it now.
- A clever little thing to hack your iPhone. Useful if you’re the FBI.
- Stories should be the way AI is used. Ignore the mystic guff.
- Not a big list of I Am Great things for once in this tale of launching a software business.
- An infographic about programmatic which misses the point, kind of.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly.
- Read how to get your content on Google using Find Crawl Index.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.