Digital Things of Interest Overview:
Read the Digital Things of Interest for 25 July 2017, which includes:
- HBR discussing using stories to highlight your purpose.
- The rise and fall of Firewire – nearly tech.
- Time saving social media keyboard shortcuts.
- An amusing Dilbert cartoon.
#ContentStrategy #DigitalTechnology #SocialMedia
Digital Things of Interest 25 July 2017:
- Use Stories from Customers to Highlight Your Company’s Purpose
- Funnily enough, I discussed the role of stories within organisations in my undergrad dissertation. There’s lots of good research around the value of stories in the customer journey for engagement, confirmation and validation, and, of course, planning a decent Content Strategy.
- The tragedy of FireWire – Collaborative tech torpedoed by corporations
- This is a good piece on the history of the rise and fall of Firewire, another one of those “nearly” techs which may have been better than the eventual winner. Think Betamax.
- 127 Time-Saving Keyboard Shortcuts for Social Media Marketers
- I love me some keyboard shortcuts and this is a pretty comprehensive list of social media shortcuts – although not for really handy things like Gmail. I also find that for various programs, keyboard shortcuts end up so ingrained that I forget how to do it any other way. Switching from Windows to Mac two years ago caused a lot of muscle memory pain!
- Dilbert 2017-06-18
- Hehe – who can resist a bit of Dilbert? I’m not about to launch into text descriptions of cartoons, but there’s always someone on the team who seems to do very little (and someone who thinks they do a lot, but actually…)
That’s it for today. If you find anything of interest in the digital space that you think is worth sharing, please get in touch with me.
The State of SEO Mid-2017 Released
- Why you should use stories to highlight customer experiences.
- How Firewire nearly made it rain unicorns.
- Keyboard shortcuts to save you Social Media time.
- A bit of Dilbert. ‘Nuff said.
- Read The State of SEO in mid-2017. It’ll help you deal with changes in SEO.
- Read about how Google’s Mobile First Index is not Mobile Friendly. It’ll help you make the most of Mobile First.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to discuss what these digital things of interest might mean for your web property, or you have found something of interest and would like to share it, please feel free to contact me.